The Ultimate Guide About US H-1B Visa
US H1B Visa is an employment-based dual intent visa for specialty occupation professionals in the fields of architecture, engineering, arts, law, accounting, and mathematics, sciences, medicine, education, business and much more. Sponsorship is the main requirement to qualify for this VISA. H-1B VISA requires Labor Certification.
As per the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap for the fiscal year 2020 has been reached. As we all know for the fiscal year 2019, only 32% of H1B visa petitions were accepted out of 190,098 received. This is because of the “Buy American, Hire American” Executive Order issued by Donald Trump on April 2017. The order instructed the Homeland Security Department (DHS) to "propose new rules and issue new guidance, supersede or revise previous rules and guidance, if necessary, to protect the interests of U.S. workers in managing our immigration system".
In specific, the H1B program was stated in the order, instructing the DHS and other federal government agencies to propose changes to guarantee that H1B visas were granted only to the most skilled or highest-paid petition recipients.
- You must have a minimum level of education - a bachelor's degree.
- You must have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer.
- That job must be for a specialist position that requires your degree to be used.
USA H1B Visa Benefits:
- Relatively fast visa process (regular 3-6months, premium 15 calendar days)
- The initial valid stay period is 3 years and a maximum of up to 6 years.
- Spouse and children under the age of 21 years can accompany with H4 visa
- The H1B visa holder is eligible for a green card.
- Able to travel IN and OUT the U.S within the validity period.
- Able to work for multiple US employers at the same time.
- Employer status is portable.
- It is not necessary for H-1B visa holders to work for a multinational company.
H-1B Visa Application Process:
- Get Sponsorship from U.S. Employer.
- Employer Submits Labor Conditions Approval (LCA)
- Complete Form-I29.
- Make an online payment.